Boston-based business bankruptcy attorneys
The Gordon Law Firm believes that, in a business context, the cost of the engagement must be directly proportional to the client’s potential benefits and to the risks to the client. We work hard with our clients to identify the issues of cost, benefit and risk and always, in that context, discuss the manner of pursuing or defending the client’s rights in advance.
Diverse bankruptcy-related clientele
The Gordon Law Firm serves a diverse range of clients, not just clients filing for bankruptcy but anyone involved with anything touching any bankruptcy, for better or for worse.
- Debtors and Debtors-in-possession
- Creditors (whether before, during and/or after bankruptcy)
- Equity holders
- Creditor committees
- Members of boards of directors
- Buyers of assets (asset purchasers)
- Bankruptcy trustees / examiners
- Professionals engaged by a trustee in bankruptcy or debtor-in-possession
- Persons and companies sued by trustees in fraudulent transfers, avoidance or “clawback” cases
Debt workouts are necessary when debtors have severe financial problems and restructuring debt is simply a realignment of the debt structure reflecting concessions granted by creditors to give the debtor a more practical and feasible arrangement for meeting financial obligations without the necessity of any formal Court or bankruptcy proceeding. The Gordon Law Firm provides legal services dealing with
- Financial crisis management
- Consensual workouts
- Pre-bankruptcy planning
- Non-bankruptcy liquidations>/li>
One of the major focus’ in our bankruptcy practice is on assisting our client in restructuring their financial obligations to become viable and competitive after (or instead of) bankruptcy. Our attorneys are extremely successful in these situations for two major reasons—
- Our experience allows us insight in to how a company with restructured debt (with or without a bankruptcy) will work out
- Our capabilities in convincing other participants that a proposed restructuring yields a better result for them than any adversary alternative
Financial transactions such as these are always time-sensitive and often urgent. Our attorneys and staff promptly respond to client issues and concerns and strive to provide proactive, creative, timely, efficient and effective solutions in a fast-paced setting.