The Gordon Law Firm LLP – Boston Massachusetts
Stephen and Todd Gordon’s recent engagements include:
- A $4 Million jury verdict in favor of a trustee in bankruptcy in a fraudulent transfer and conspiracy case
- A defense verdict in a fraudulent misrepresentation case where the plaintiff sought $15 Million
- A federal court judgment notwithstanding the verdict overturning a jury verdict adverse to a product liability defendant
- The representation of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Ground Round restaurant case
- The representation of the Debtor in Payton Construction Corporation
- The representation of the buyer at the bankruptcy sale of the assets of Komtek, Inc.
- The Petitioning Creditors and the Unsecured Noteholders Committee in the Arch Wireless Chapter 11 case
- The Unsecured Creditors Committee in the Bay Tower Chapter 11 case
- One of the largest unsecured creditors in the Chapter 11 case of Arthur D. Little Co.
- A substantial Las Vegas casino in protecting its interests in proceedings in the New Jersey and Delaware Chapter 11 reorganizations of Park Place Entertainment, Greate Bay Casino Corporation and Key3 Media Group, Inc.
- Numerous out-of-court workouts for borrowers whose successful arrangements with their lenders keeps their names confidential
- Represent an employer in successfully resolving a multi-plaintiff vacation pay suit and an employee in litigation to enforce a six-figure employment contract payment
Our lawyers’ experience covers a broad scope of matters, including—
- Liquidation of a regional airline, Gull Air, Inc in Chapter 11 and out-of-court liquidations of a supermarket and a Ford new car dealership and a chain of nursing homes
- The representation of a principal investor in the reorganization of a partnership holding title to the racetrack at Suffolk Downs
- The representation of an individual radio station investor in the reorganization and sale of his interests in a portfolio of stations
- The representation of family stockholders of Cumberland Farms
- The representation of the principal of Caribbean Petroleum LP, a Puerto Rico oil refiner, in its Delaware Chapter 11
- The representation of secured creditors in recovering health care receivables
- The representation of an equipment lessor in recovering a building-wide printing press and related equipment
- The representation of the principal of a coal mining company in Chapter 11 in West Virginia.
- The representation of multi-million dollar claimants in the New York Chapter 11 case of MarketXT Corp.
- The representation of the buyer of 700+ acres of development real estate in eastern Massachusetts from its Chapter 11 debtor owner and others not in Chapter 11
- Served as Chapter 7 Trustee in Bankruptcy for bakery products distributor, Thurman Company
- The representation of an employer in a class action overtime lawsuit and the representation of executive employees in litigation over their employment contracts
- The representation of a number of substantial landlords in protecting their interests in their tenants’ bankruptcies
- The representation of both buyers and sellers in bankruptcy sales and auctions